Thursday, May 8, 2014

icky yicky sticky [essential oil recipe]

There is one thing about New York that I am paranoid about, touching something gross! I literally fear unknown sticky, stinky, poopie or gooey substances. I am 100% conscious to NOT touch anything from Subway doors, poles, railings, ticket kiosks, bathroom knobs.... etc.  I went into the City the other day to meet some friends from SUU. I really noticed how I consciously didn't touch ANYTHING but I was still spraying sanitizer on my hands. Call me crazy, but I am a germ freak and I know it! 


Evan is a Doctor he constantly sanitizes and we have bottles of hand sanitizer EVERYWHERE. The car, kitchen, front door.... you name it. You have two germ freaks living in a house. The only thing I hate is the alcohol smell that lingers after a good squirt of sanitizer.

Thankfully Jackie (the paleo mama) sent me a sample of her sanitizer a few months back, and I fell in love with it. I am actually obsessed. Not only does it smell divine, it doesn't leave my hands dry and cracking even though I am constantly using the sanitizer throughout the day. Jackie is the Essential Oils QUEEN.


OnGuard is a blended oil with 
Wild Orange, Clove, Cinnamon Bark, Rosemary, and Eucalyptus 

I take 2 drops of OnGuard in my water daily. Anytime I feel a sore throat coming on, this is my Go To. If you know me my entire life the first thing I get when getting sick is a sore throat. OnGuard is my miracle. 
Here is the Recipe for the Sore Throat Bomb 



Here is the recipe for the Hand Sanitizer

Ingredients: 

Witch Hazel 
Water
10 drops doTerra Lemon 
Glass Spray Bottle -Option 1  Option 2 I have Option 2 because it is so small and fits into my purse or pocket! 

Directions: 
Fill your bottle half way with water. 
Add your essential oils and your coconut oil. 
Fill the rest of your bottle with witch hazel. 
BOOM you're done and you've got some awesome hand sanitizer that smells awesome and won't dry out your hands.

1 comment:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS