Monday, July 14, 2014

Summer Eats [Recipe] Fresh Bruschetta

With Summer in full swing I can't get enough of all the delicious fruits, veggies and herbs in season! 
I decided that a warm day needed a cool fresh treat. Home made Bruschetta. 




I couldn't help but buy a large case of cherry tomatoes. I love the sweet taste, so naturally I couldn't wait to make this! It has been a few summers since I've made it, but I've turned tomato haters to love this (including Evan).

I went to buy a few leaves of Basil at the store. I was expecting to pay about $3 for the herb but couldn't find it! I asked the store associate and she mentioned they didn't have any unless you wanted to buy the bush! It appeared the bush was $2.99 so I couldn't help but buy the entire thing! BARGIN! 




Ingredients:

Cherry Tomatos 1 large case
6-8 Fresh Basil Leafs chopped. 
1 Tsp Olive Oil 
1 Tsp Balsamic Vinegar- For dipping or drizzling over
Pink Himalayan Salt to taste 
Pepper to taste
Mozzarella (sliced)

Fresh Bread- I both Asiago and Black Pepper Bread from Trader Joe's. 

Instructions:

Cut cherry tomatoes in half
In a bowl combine cherry tomatoes and Fresh Basil
Add Salt and Pepper to taste. Mix together
Slice your bread and lightly toast
After toasting on a plate lay out your bread slices. Add Mozzarella slices on top and then your bruschetta mixture. 
Drizzle your olive oil and balsamic vinegar over your bread! VOILA! DELICIOUS











Now I have this plant to take care of. My biggest fear isn't killing it, but BUGS! 
But since they are herbs and I will be using them to cook I don't want to spray any chemicals... so it's time for doTerra.

I found this little guide! So since we have beetles, flies, mosquitoes, moths and spiders I used Lemongrass and Peppermint. We probably have more bugs but I'm just using the oils I have! 

I combined about 4-5 drops of each oil into a spray bottle mixed with filtered water and sprayed my little plant!

So along with watering your plants, just give em a little spray to keep the bugs away! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS