Thursday, July 10, 2014

In the Kitchen [Life Hacks] & Peach Cobbler [Recipes]

My entire life I have suffered an itchy throat eating peaches with the peel on because peeling it would take way too much effort. Little did I know there was an easy way to peel peaches, yes peaches, in about 5 minutes. 
It was so amazing, and I was so blown away by this I had to SHARE.

My cousin told me about this, and I thought this was ridiculous at first but then we tried it. 
Not only did I peel 1 peach, I peeled 6 peaches and decided to make peach cobbler. 

Peeling Peach Instructions: 
Make sure your peaches are slightly soft to the touch 

Get a pot of boiling water, make sure the water is to a rolling boil. 
Have a boil of cold/ice water ready on the side. 

Put your peach into the pot of boiling water for 3-5 minutes. I think 4 is the perfect length of time. 



When your time is up, pull your peaches out of the boiling water and drop them into your ice water for 2 minutes. 





 Now lightly rub the peel, and it should slip right off. EASY! 






Now that you've peeled your peaches, time to use them for Peach Cobbler. I love peach cobbler! It reminds me of summers and camping trips. I've only ever made it in a dutch oven! 
The ingredients are cheap and will serve 8-10. This for sure will please your family. 




Ingredients: 

1 cup milk- I used coconut milk 
1/2 cup sugar 
1 1/4 cup Bisquick 
1/2 T Nutmeg
1/2 cup butter or margerine
6 Sliced Peaches

Preheat the oven to 375 Degrees. 

Put the peaches into your baking pan 
Combine your milk, sugar, bisquick, nutmeg and butter in a bowl. 
Pour over your peaches. 

Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes or until the crust is golden brown 

It is absolutely delicious! Try it with some vanilla ice cream and/or whipped cream on top! You must try this recipe! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS