Sunday, February 23, 2014

A Wicked Fun Weekend in NYC

There is nothing I love more then a weekend adventure. It's even better when it's a weekend adventure with the fam! My mom and my grandma flew in New York JFK for a weekend full of shopping, food, walking and entertainment. 
We stayed in Manhattan at the 4 Point Hotel in Mid Town on 40th Street between 8th & 9th. We even ended up with a free room for 2 nights. How great is that?
My grandma pretty much only eats Korean Food, but after 2 days of kimchi breath, rice and MSG my mom decided to branch out to eat New York thin crust pizza. Pronto Pizza off of Broadway had a variety of pizza, but our favorite was the kind with NO sauce, Mozzarella and ricotta cheese. It was so delicious.
  (However I definitely paid for it with my dairy food allergy - 
I did however take my essential oils for allergy & inflammation relief! It helped almost immediately- DigestZen to help digest, Frankincense & Peppermint for the food allergy and inflammation) 




We've done a lot of touring of New York  so we decided to keep it simple and just explore the shopping scene.  Plus it was cold and rainy so a perfect activity to stay inside and explore. I guess this weekend was the weekend to transition from Winter to Spring clothing! We hit some killer sales. First we went to Lord & Taylor, a department store that I had never heard of on 5th Avenue but their shoe sale was amazing.  In fact we didn't even know where we were until we checked out but My mom, grandma and myself all found some killer buys
Then Macy's everything 40%-60% off. Hello! Have you been to the Macy's on 34th street & Broadway? It's huge. We shopped we dropped. 


I have family in New Jersey so they met us in the city and we went to the Broadway Comedy Club for a Magic Show. We took a jaunt around times square and then drove up to Columbia University to explore for a while.  Evan was able to join us for Korean food with my cousins before they had to go back home. 








I was most excited to see WICKED the Musical on Broadway. The Wizard of Oz was my favorite movie as a kid, and I always loved the Soundtrack to Wicked. 
My mom, Evan and I had pretty good seats on the Left Center of the Gershwin Theater. The show is in its 10th year, and still every seat was full. The vocals were fantastic and the acting was also phenomenal. I definitely loved Glinda the Good Witch. She was hilarious.  I was throughly impressed with the show as a whole- it exceeded my expectations entirely! 








It was sad to see my mom and grandma leave, but so fun to have spent the weekend with them. We said good bye as they jumped into a taxi to JFK. Evan and I took the train back to Long Island. 
Good times and Many More to come!  




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS